"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, August 22, 2016

Are You Naughty or Mice?

Hello friends!
Happy Monday!  I hope you are all doing well and had a good weekend!

So since I pretty much missed most of July making Christmas card, which I always like to do, I decided I needed to get a few of them done before I run around scrambling with it at the last minute.

I couldn't think of a better place to start than with Lawn Fawn:
LOL!  I think the mouse on the left wants to make sure the other mouse is "mice" before he releases that gift to him!  I absolutely LOVE the "cheesiness" of this Lawn Fawn "Merry Christmouse" stamp set that was only available for purchase during the last SSS STAMP-tember event.  (It's getting close for this year's event...can't wait to see what's up, can you?)

I have used some papers from the LF Fa La La papers (no longer available) that hardly have been used and thought I'd pull them out for today's card.  I colored up the images with Copic markers and added some extra details that you can see in the photo below.  I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and arrange them over my scene.  I have used the LF Stitched Rectangle Stackables - Large & Small dies including the LF Scalloped Rectangle Stackables dies.  For the snow drift border, I pull out the LF Stitched Hillside Borders die to cut a piece out with white card stock and then stamped the sentiment with LF Noble Fir and SSS Schoolhouse Red inks at the bottom of it.

For the patterned paper background, I used the star image from the stamp set and stamped some stars at the top of it with Brilliance Gold ink and then I used my Kuretake gold marker to make lines with bows above them.  Everything was arranged over top of the panels with foam tape.  Before I attached the main panel to the background paper, I tied on some LF Green Sparkle Cord.  I then attached this to an A2 sized top folding white card base.

Here's a closer look at the details:
I have used foam to pop up the colored images on the stitched snow sentiment panel after I cut them out.  I topped the cheesy tree with some Wink of Stella glitter pen and then I used my gold gel pen to color in the star.  I also used some Wink of Stella over the left mouse's gift.  I used some Liquid Applique to go over the fur trimming on the right mouse's Santa hat and then heated it up with my heat tool to "puff" it up a bit.  I also took a white gel pen for their cheeks and a black gel pen to dot the eyes and nose on the mice.

At first I thought it looked a bit busy, but then decided it was cute with all of the colors nicely tied in together here.  I hope that you like it as well and brings a smile to someone for Christmas.  One down and many more to go...

Thanks for dropping in today friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

1.  Lawnscaping Challenges - Punny Time


2.  Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark


3.  Fab 'N' Funky - Anything Goes




5.  Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes


47 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

super cute card!
Fiki
>^.^<

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely adorable! Great papers, super image and sparkle too! Thanks so much for playing along with our Gifts theme at 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Heidi Stamps said...

This is an adorable theme! I just love the mice and the little ornaments above them. The paper worked perfectly,too.

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a cutie card this is Vicki...love the image and the stitched die you used
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Very cute sentiment, Vicki! And the tree-shaped cheese is fabulous! It just goes to show that we all celebrate with our own traditions! LOL VERY sweet card, and so festive with your background paper! Hoping you enjoy a fun week! hugs, de

Lynn McAuley said...

I love these festive Christmas mice with their cheesy tree! Too, too adorable, Vicki!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Vikki, I love the images. I am of course mice :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

What an adorable card, Vicki and I absolutely love the design papers you have used! The image is so cute!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Such a fun Christmas card! I love that sentiment with those adorable mice! Who wouldn't love getting this Christmas card in the mail!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card, love the sentiment and those cute mice. All the colours work fabulously together x

Carol L said...

I love these stamps and have been trying hard not to order them, but you are an enabler! lol I love the swiss cheese tree and all those dangling stars! Cute cute cute!!

Inkyfingers said...

What an adorable card Vicki and I don't know how I missed this very cute stamp set! I love the fun scene you created - great design.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.

Sarah said...

Squeeeeeeal....this is adorable Vicki, love the meeces and the dp is fantastic...such a great card!! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cute image and great play on words-beautiful B.paper too
Carol x

Angela Jones said...

Thanks for joining our Fun-Day Friday Challenge @ Jo’s Scrap Shack.

Donna said...

What an adorable scene and cute background paper Vicki, I hope the Christmas card bug has bit you!

Jerrie said...

Very "mice" card Vicki! Because I live in Wisconsin...the chedder tree sticks out!! Love it! That little mouse in the santa hat is so cute! Fantastic card!!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, this is just too cute, Vicki! Love the shiny stars and those adorable little mice. Great dp choice for the background.

Céline said...

tooo cute, love it
hugs
céline

Shannon McComb said...

SO very sweet Vicki!!Your making me feel like i need to get on my Christmas cards!
Love it!

Nonni said...

LOVE THIS! I love Lawn Fawn stamps and the way you used these mice is adorable! Great papers too, all and all such a sweet card! Really makes me smile!

Tammy said...

Awww this is sooo cute Vicki! I love the images and your gorgeous background paper!! What a fun stamp set... I'll have to add it to my wish list for sure :)
Hugs, Tammy

Patti J said...

Hee hee, how cute is this!!! Love Lawn Fawn, and you've created the most adorable card! Great job, my friend :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How cute! Love that puny sentiment! And that subtle glitter on the "cheesy" tree - fabulous!

laurie said...

This is adorable Vicki! Made me smile!

JD/ Jill said...

Sweet Christmas card!

MaryH said...

This is just darling with these sweet little meece. Coloring is wonderful, but I especially liked the way you've dangled the stars at the top border. The bkgrnd DP is so cheery & perfect with this cute image. Good job and good for you at getting jump on Christmas cards. Will be here before we are ready! TFS & for the good thoughts you sent my way. Hugs

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute and I love the sentiment.

aussie aNNie said...

I am mice...never naughty...A pretty card and gorgeous image/stamp used. Love the colour tones.xx {aNNie}

Nandini said...

Very cute and sweet. Happy to see you in the ATSM gallery. All the very best. Nandini DT

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

This is super cute!!!!! The papers are adorable and these cute little critters are so adorable! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining our Funday Friday challenge this week! Have a great day!
Hugs,
Jo-owner
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is adorable and so fun!

Patti said...

Oh no! not too busy at all : ) Super sweet Vicki

Patti

Pia S said...

Super cute and fun! Love the paper, those adorable images and I like that you stamped the sentiment in two colors.

Lola said...

Such a cute little scene and love the sparkly goodness.

Asha said...

Eeeeeek!!!! Super cute meeces. That punny sentiment is just too cute. I love how you've given them rosie cheeks ... super adorable touch!
hugs Asha

Chrissy said...

Fabulous and so very cute card Vicki..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such an awesome and fun Christmas card and so perfect for our punny challenge! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card with the mice is fantastic and wonderful...
Wish you a wonderful weekend
Anja

Christiana said...

How cute! I was just thinking about this set today, actually. You used it brilliantly. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

cm said...

Oh my gosh! Your *Naughty or Mice* card has me smiling so widely that my face is hurting (in a good way, of course *grin*). Exponentially adorable, especially with the panel of cuteness set atop the patterned paper. Festive fabulous!
Hugs~c

lilybygilly.com said...

What a cute card! Love the details and sparkle. Thanks for joining us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Hugs, Gill xx

Monika Reeck said...

too cuuute that image yay luuuv it much
adorable Postage DIE in red and lovely DP
great christmas card my friend
I want to have it if its still stay on your home hehe (LOL)
too very cuuutee
hugs
Monika

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hello Vicki,
Sweet Christmas company :-) I love this cheerful card. Full of wonderful energy
Hugs,
BożenA

coldwaters2 said...

What a sweet, cute festive make Vicki those little mices are such fun love all the wonderful vibrant colours
hugs
lorraine x

wannabcre8tive said...

This card is so adorable. I love the Santa hat on the mouse. The sentiment is cute, too.

Shelly said...

This is just too darn cute! Love those little mice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...